Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Callback went well

My callback time was at 145, I showed up at 115. When I arrived, I was informed that they were running about 45 minutes behind schedule. That's cool - more time for me to relax and focus. The funny part was, I had no idea that actors were so negative! I overheard so many actors saying things like "This is ridiculous, 5 more minutes and I'm out!" Guys, it's a national commercial! This could be upwards of 20k! Ill sit in a room all weekend for a shot at that kind of money!

When I auditioned, I was fortunate enough to go in with the same woman I auditioned with originally. She's really great. Physically she was very close to my real wife, Dawn, so it was comforting in a strange way. We took two takes. The first take went well and the director gave me an adjustment to pay less attention to my wife and all my attention on my sandwich. I did this to the max. Also, at one point some mayonnaise started to squirt out of the bread, so I scooped it up with my ring finger and licked it off. That got a big laugh from the director and company.

This shoots either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. We'll see what happens. But I really honestly feel like I nailed this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment