Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am a bit smitten with my legit agent.

As many of my loyal reader(s) know, two weeks ago today, I booked a day player role on Comedy Central for the upcoming "Onion Sports Network".  I did this through my legit agency.  I love them over there.  They are so kind and accessible, additionally I feel as if, and have always felt, that they "get me." 

They don't just see a large white guy, they see who I really am in real life and submit me for work accordingly.  Any agent can see a 6-3 245 pound large framed dude and think "Great!  I can submit him for cop roles!"  Not this agency, here is what they submitted me for yesterday - I think it seems like a great role that I can blow the top off of. 

[CHARLIE] (late 20s-early 30s) Paul's best buddy. Jocular, funny, overbearing, seething. Ostensibly smart and lovable, but with an undercurrent of malignancy and anger. Enjoys a bit of danger, and feeds his best friend's paranoia. (LEAD/ STRONG SUPPORTING)

BUT WHAT IS THE MOVIE ABOUT, PHILLYRAY?!?!?  Oh, right....

NANCY, PLEASE

Feature Film
SAG ULTRA LOW BUDGET AGREEMENT
Shoot/Start Date: 10/25
Location: NY
SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY
NOTE: IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE SUBMIT ACTOR'S ONLINE DEMO CLIPS ALONG WITH EACH ACTOR SUBMISSION.
SYNOPSIS: PAUL is a young, gifted, aimless PhD candidate at Yale University. He's just moved in with his competent, pragmatic girlfriend, Jen, and is struggling to complete his dissertation. There's just one snag: as Paul is unpacking his belongings, he discovers that something has been left behind - a battered old book that contains the notes he needs to complete his writing. He will have to retrieve it from his former roommate - the obstinate, casually sinister NANCY. What should be a simple errand becomes intolerably difficult, and egged on by his best friend CHARLIE, Paul soon becomes increasingly consumed with the retrieval of his book. Caught up in a web of perceived injustice, Paul's relationship and career begin to unravel, and he finds himself rushing headlong into a thresher of emotional torment and physical punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment