Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Anticipation of class tonight

Last weeks camera class was postponed due to technical difficulties, so we are doing it tonight.  I have three pieces tonight.  One is a scene from the sempiternal soap "One Life to Live".  I was pimped into working on this scene, and at first was a bit put off about having to do it.  Eventually,  I realized that as an actor, you do have to go out for parts or projects that you may not like - and "A professional...(as the late great Charleton Heston said) ...does his best even when he doesn't feel like it."  I may or may not be paraphrasing there. 

Another scene is from a multiple Academy Award winning film.  A truly watershed film.  I am talking of course about  "Knocked Up" by Judd Apatow.  I, of course am playing the Seth Rogan character.  It's the scene after he and Paul Rudd take mushrooms, trip their balls off, go see Cirque Du Soleil, freak out and find themselves back in their hotel room.  There are five different kinds of chairs in this room!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally, for my opus I will perform the final version of the Lancelot Gobbo monologue from "The Merchant of Venice".  It's a bit different from my previous version on this site, because the voice of the fiend is modeled after Macho Man Randy Savage. 

And.I.Will.Make.Sure.That.The.Placement.Of.The.Conscience.Doesn't.Move.

No comments:

Post a Comment