Monday, April 19, 2010

Huge audition on wednesday

I'm glad it's with my great friend Mark.  The audition is for a food travel show.  Sort of like man vs food meets no reservations meets bromance.  It's for a duo.  I'm really psyched that it's with Mark.  He is hilarious and has a great palate as well. 

Setting up the audition might have been the weirdest thing I've ever done.  Usually, an actor submits for work by either sending an email or clicking on a link and if they want to audition you, some mousy sounding intern will call you and tell you where to go and when.  Not this time.  I was on the phone for 27 minutes, on a conference call with Mark and who might have been the most obnoxious sounding person in the world.  Here are a few nuggets that this woman said: "Jesus!  You two are comedians, you're boring the shit out of me!", "I may sound like I old midget Jewish woman, but you don't have to drink me pretty, not at all.", "Don't tell me how awesome you are, show me!  Show me right now or I'll hang up on you!", "Is this the same boring Phillip that called me before?"

And my personal favorite.....I pick up the phone for the first conversation with this woman, I don't know who she is....I'm at my real estate office so I assume she is a client.  "Hello, this is Phillip."  "Phillip, are you going to bore me?  That's what I want to know, are you going to bore me?"  ".....who is this?  Who am I talking to?" I ask.  "This is Lisa from the casting office for Culinary Du - now do I have your attention?"

What a weird conversation.  But man oh man, I am glad that I'm going to audition for that psycho with Mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment