Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm too sexy for this blog: Right Said Fred video at the end.

[Update: Apparently my agent, (honest mistakes happen) may have spoken too soon.  I am not YET cast, but the CD is in final stages of casting, and I am a "first choice"....we shall see]

Because I booked a model job.  BWAHHAHAHHAHHAHA.  I shit you not.  It's for Gold's Gym.  The gym wants to rid its image of musclehead central and make it more accessible to the average guy.  To the fitness enthusiast and not a body builder.  So they are having a new campaign called "Real Gym Heroes" and they liked my story of weight loss after getting attacked. 

Oh yeah, maybe you don't know about that.  Well here is the story that I told the casting director:

On June 16th, 2008 I was jumped in Manhattan, and the assailant broke my right elbow and fractured my right scaphoid.  I also blew out my right hamstring during the altercation.  My wedding day was 60 days away.  As soon as I healed, and came back from my honeymoon, I decided that I was never going to let something like that happen again.  I started weight training again, running and taking boxing lessons. On the night in question I was 315 pounds and stood six foot three.  Today I am 245 pounds and my strength has increased dramatically. In the same day I am able to have a full bench and squat workout, run 5 miles in 45 minutes and have a full hour boxing workout including a sparring session.  The gym has helped me overcome my fear of another attack.  While I realize that an attack could theoretically still happen, I also know that I can knock-out a would be mugger with a swift right hook to the jaw. 

I am stronger than my fears. 


So as you read, last year I was 315 lbs of mostly mush.  Today I am 245 of mostly muscle with a solid right hook and a punishing jab.  If you had told me that I was going to book a modeling job I would have either tackled you to the ground and slapped you or thought 'Maybe its a 'before' model....ya know, like 'before' and 'after'."

2 comments:

  1. I want to see your version of this video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see your version of this video too!

    So, sausage-boy will be hamming it up (Ha! I couldn't resist - isn't it punny;) )

    ReplyDelete